Monday, January 21, 2013

Baby Shower Fun

This past weekend my AWESOME Sister-in-Law and Sister-in-Law to Be threw me the CUTEST baby shower to celebrate the impending arrival of Munchkamoo #2.  I am due in 6 weeks with a little baby girl, so you can bet there was a lot of PINK at the party.  They did such a cute job, I wanted to share.

THE CAKE:

The ADORABLE cakes.  The one on the left is vanilla cupcakes and the one on the right is chocolate.  No awkward cake cutting moment with frosting all over the finger and having to touch everybody's piece.  Just grab a plate and a cupcake and your ready to enjoy.  I really liked this!


THE DECORATIONS: OWL THEME
Cute owl wall clings.  Can't wait to add them to the tree mural already in the room.
 
These cute little owls already found a home in my Valentine display.

My SIL Carrie made the ADORABLE bunting.  It is going to look so cute in Baby A's room.

My SIL to Be, Kim, made these diaper cakes.  SUPER CUTE!
 
FOOD, FAVORS and GAMES: 

 
Forgot to take a picture before we all ate it, but they did a yogurt bar as a little snack.  The shower was at 2pm so everyone had already eaten lunch.  There was granola, blueberries, chocolate chips, and strawberries to mix in with your vanilla yogurt.  YUMMY!  They also had a punch made with white grape juice and ginger ale.  I don't usually like ginger ale, but mixed with the juice it was VERY GOOD!

For a favor they made birdseed feeders to hang outside, since the theme was owls.

Game One: Memory Game - See how many of the items on the table you could remember after looking for one minute.  Our winners each had 18 items.

Game Two: Beach Ball Game - For this game there were cards that matched each color on the beach ball.  You had to do the color card that your thumb landed on when you caught the ball.

There were questions about baby car, questions about the Mom to Be, and silly Dare questions: Like sing your best rendition of Itsy Bitsy Spider.

Mrs. Pat our winner!


 
The GIFTS:  LOVE all the adorable baby girl things.




My good friend Jen hand made this adorable newborn owl hat.  I can just see the newborn pictures now!!! (We missed you Jen, hope you are feeling better!!)


A new Diaper Genie.  I know people have a lot of mixed opinions about Diaper Genies but we loved ours with Munchkamoo #1.  SO much in fact that we broke it shortly before he turned 2.  SO glad we have another one.


LOVE these ladies.  Carrie (SIL), Sally (Mom), Me, Kim (SIL to be)
 
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU laddies for hosting this wonderful afternoon.  I really enjoyed it.  Can't wait to meet my baby girl.  Just 6 weeks to go!
 
~Dawn~

No comments:

Post a Comment