Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Little This, A Little That...

Here is a round up of some things that have been happening around here lately.

     I never made it to Winter Jam.  After a crazy work week, I was exhausted and we were worried about all the standing and waiting I was going to have to do.  I was 8 months pregnant after all.  Sooooo....I stayed home with this cute guy and got some things done around the house.

He helped me clean out that closet he is standing in front of and turn it into my craft closet.
 

Before                                                                                         After
 
Pretty productive day I would say.
 
I have been helping out a lot more with the Children's Ministry at our church lately.  We are currently immersed in an eight week study on how we can be heroes through God's power in us.
 
It's called Heroes and Villains.  The whole curriculum is free from New Spring Church.  It's a pretty awesome program complete with skits, games, crafts, videos, and songs.  The kids have been super excited about it.  (And so have I!)

 
Making Super Hero Capes.  (I took a bunch of the hubby's old undershirts and cut off the arms and the front of the shirt to make a cape.  Prefect for the kids!)
 
 
 My Little Cutie Pie - just had to have his picture taken. (Look no funny tongue!)


 
Got some Valentine decorations put up.
 


Nothing over the top, but they do make me smile every time I see them.  Especially seeing both the P and the A and knowing that next Valentine's Day I will have TWO littles to love on!!

 
These two boys make my heart sooooo happy.  They wore "matching" outfits to church today.  I love, love, love that my husband is so proud of his son and likes doing little things like that.  Mr. P. thought it was awesome that he was just like daddy.  And those faces!!  Just so darn cute even with the tongues sticking out!
 
 
AND FINALLY.... I updated out calendar today.  I keep it rotating each week so I can see a full month ahead.  Look what showed up on the calendar when I updated it today....



YEP!  That's little girls due date.  Can't believe that it is on the calendar.  Only 4 weeks to go (well, give or take when she decides to show up.)  I am so ready to meet her and hold her.  We have been working every weekend lately to get things ready and we are almost there.  Mr. P. is super excited to be a big brother.  He likes to play his guitar and sing to my belly.  He randomly adds Miss A's name to the songs he sings.  He tells me he is going to change her diapers, and nurse her when she cries.  LOL!  I sure hope he is just as enthusiastic about her when she actually arrives. 
 
~Dawn~

 

2 comments:

  1. I love the matching Daddy/Son outits! I'm sure you'll have a field day with that sort of thing when Baby A gets there.

    About the closet... I have a couple "linen" closets in my house, but nothing is terribly big, and my craft stuff is packed in the master bedroom closet (along with some non-perishables, only 35ish% of our closet actually holds clothes!). I don't feel I could have a single space dedicated to one thing...

    Any storage tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to utalize under our bed when I can. That's where I moved our sheets to. We only have a few sets so it worked well. The kids sheets are in their closet, and our towels are under the sink in the bathroom. This pretty much freed up the closet. I have also purged a lot of old blankets, comfortors, etc that we were just not ever using. They took up a lot more space than I thought.

      Delete